Abram is a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan in Greater Manchester, England. It lies on the flat land on the northeast bank of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, two miles west of Leigh, three miles southeast of Wigan and 14.5 miles west of Manchester.
The village name has variously been recorded as Edburgham in 1212 and Adburgham in 1246, In the 16th century it had evolved into Abraham, and by the 17th century it had become Abram. It is thought that Abram derives from Abraham, the surname of the medieval Lord of the Manor.
Abram has a parish church called St John, which was constructed in 1935-1937. There are also two listed buildings in the village, both Grade II. These are Brookside farmhouse which dates back to the early 18th century, and a mid-18th century detached house on Warrington Road.
A Roads link Abram with other settlements, including the A573 road which bisects the town from north and south, and connects it to Wigan and Golbourne. The M6 motorway runs to the southwest of the area.
There are frequent buses running through Abram with services to a variety of destinations in Greater Manchester, including services to Wigan, Leigh and Manchester.Abram, Greater Manchester.