Millbrook is a village near Stalybridge in the northwest of England and is a part of the Stalybridge South ward of Tameside Metropolitan Borough. Like most of Stalybridge, Millbrook sits within the historic county boundaries of Cheshire. In 1888, the whole borough fell under the Administrative County of Cheshire, but since 1974, has been in the Metropolitan County of Greater Manchester.
In Millbrook sits St Raphael's Presbytery, one of two Roman Catholic Churches in Stalybridge within the Diocese of Shrewsbury. It is a modern church, founded in 1958 and does not have a graveyard. Another church in Millbrook under the Diocese of Chester is St James' Church. This is an old church and was consecrated in 1863.
During the First World War, Millbrook was an isolated village. In 1911, there was a male population of around 1,400, and as a result of the War, around 108 soldiers from the area were killed or died.
The Staley and Millbrook Railway station serves the villages of Staley and Millbrook and was built bt the London and North Western Railway on the Micklehurst Line. This was opened in 1886.Millbrook Railway Station