Patricroft is a village situated in Manchester, under the Metropolitan Borough of Salford. Once a part of Lancashire, it was under the local Borough of Eccles under the administration of Lancashire until both were abolidhed in the mid-1970s. Its name probably derives from either 'Pear-tree croft' or (more probably) 'Patrick's Croft'.
The Bridgewater Foundry was built in Patricroft in 1836 by partnership James Nasmyth and Holbrook Gaskell; the foundry led to become a major supplier of steam engine locomotives, but during the First World War, the production was mainly diverted to munitions work. At the beginning of the Second World War, the foundry became a Royal Ordnance Factory, producing shells, guns and tanks. Unfortunately the site closed in 1989 but is now a part of a business and technology centre.
Christ Church on Liverpool Road is the Anglican Parish Church of Patricroft and contruction began by the Reverend Samuel Dale, curate at Eccles and later the first Vicar of Patricroft. The church opened in 1868.Christ Church, Patricroft