Darcy Lever is a township within the Metropolitan Borough of Bolton in Greater Manchester, England. Historically part of Lancashire, the village lies on the B6209 between Bolton and Little Lever.
The history of Darcy Lever, as with its neigbour Little Lever is linked to its three main historical families; the Levers, the Cromptons and the Fletchers.
The township dates back to the Norman Conquest, when it was part of the Salford Hundred. This area was given to Roger of Poitou for his services in the Batlle of Hastings. In the 12th century it was owned by Albert Greslet, the 1st Baron of Manchester. The manor of Little Lever has, from early times, been split into Little Lever and Darcy Lever.
The growth of the textile industry around Darcy Lever was helped along by the availabilty of coal. Darcy Lever had very little industry other than coal mining, with many inhabitants not involved in this industry finding employment on the Manchester Bolton and Bury canal, or in the textile mills of Farmworth and Bolton.
Darcy Lever has a church, a primary school, a newsagent, a general store and four pubs.
There is no longer a functioning railway station in Darcy Lever. It opened in 1848 but closed in 1951Darcy Lever